- Main Objectives of the Society
- Board of Trustees
- Managing Committee
- A report on the last decade
- First 25 years of TELUSA (English,Telugu)
- The story behind our logo
TELUGU SAHITYA SAMITI is a non-profit, charitable organization governed by a Board of Trustees and was registered in 1975 under the Societies Regulation Act, 1860.
- To foster, promote, the cause of Indian culture in all its forms, to aid all such activities and to found, establish, aid, manage Institutions or centers, solely or jointly with any person or persons or bodies or institutions of any description created to spread Indian culture.
- To promote arts and/or sciences that are conducive to the intellectual and mental advancement and to general development of the interests of the members.
- To organize, conduct and establish schools, colleges and such other institutions for the benefit of the public for learning of all types of education including fine arts.
- To promote national integration by conducting seminars, film shows, dramas and cultural programmes of various languages and States.
- To undertake / promote research in any fine art and related branches, to award scholarships, awards, prizes and other forms of encouragement.
- To open libraries for the benefit of needy people.
- To establish and run sports, health care and support facilities including old age homes and to provide services in the fields of Diagnostic / Health Care, Yoga, Nutrition to all irrespective of caste, creed or religion.
- To co-operate and to join with other institutions which have similar aims and objects.
- To undertake relief work and to give charitable help to all worthy causes.
- To take part or engage in any other lawful activity or such other activities which are conducive to the promotion of all or any of the above objects in the interests of community and Nation.
- To affiliate and / or to take over/ to merge/ to have any arrangement with any other trust / society or institution having similar objects, with or without its assets and on such terms and conditions as may be decided upon by the Samiti.
Membership: Any person fulfilling the conditions mentioned in the memorandum of understanding, can apply for a Membership on making an application to the managing committee in the prescribed form duly filled in and signed, and introduced by some other member. Our current membership [Members] consists of more than 300 professionals located in and around Chembur area of Mumbai.
Membership Fee for different classes:
|Patrons||Rs.50,000/- (Rupees fifty thousand and above)|
|Donors||Rs.25,000/- (Rupees twenty five thousand and above)|
|Life Members||Rs.5,000/- (Rupees Five thousand only)|
|Honorary Members||As decided by the Trustees & Managing Committee|
|Corporate Members#||Rs.one lakh|
All the above classes also require an additional, one-time admission fee of Rs.100/-.
* A Family membership includes the membership of his/her family, spouse and dependant children below 18 years of age.
# Corporate membership will be valid for 10 years from the date of admission.
The General Body of the Samiti may from time to time revise the subscription fees for any or all categories of members.
The Managing Committee shall have the power to admit or refuse admission to resident / non resident Indians or to non -citizens of India without assigning any reason whatsoever.
The Secretary shall intimate the decision of the Managing Committee to the applicant regarding admission / rejection of his/her application for the membership.
Membership form: Individuals who desire to join the Samiti, may up fill up the membership form and forwarded it to the Samiti Office along with a cheque for the prescribed amount.